Showing the Reichstag building.
Monday, October 22, 2012
Saturday, October 20, 2012
I will do the advertising today:P If you're looking for some kawaii penpalling stuff, here's a nice shop in Facebook (click on the image).
There is kawaii stationery, decotapes, stapms and other things. The prices are in Mexican pesos but you can buy abroad if someone is interested:)
1 MXN ≈ 0.08 USD
1 MXN ≈ 0.06 EUR
Thursday, October 18, 2012
As you know I'm from Poland. Each nation has some typical characteristics or habits. Here's a funny list of some of our typical habits and behavious:) I've taken some of the points from the Internet and some from observations of a German living in Poland who's book I read.
You know you’re Polish when:
You know you’re Polish when:
- You sing the same song - “100 lat” - on every occasion (weddings, birthdays, baby showers)
- Someone mentions pierogi and your mouth starts to water
- You use lots of ketchup
- People mistake you for being Russian when you go abroad
- Your grandmother insists on constantly feeding you
- When you're at a stranger's house, you expect their garbage can to be under the sink
- You always take off your shoes as soon as you step into someone else's house, even when they say you don’t have to
- You always find some reason to complain
- You never answer “I’m fine” if asked “how are you” but explain your whole health and mood situation with details
- You have pork chops every Sunday for dinner.
- You hit a bottom of vodka bottle with your hand before opening it.
- You have to drink “karniaki” (“punishment” shots) if you come late for a party.
- You don’t listen to “disco polo” music but when someone plays it in a party it turns out you and everyone there know the lyrics.
- You joke about your nation but you hate it when others do so.
- You have home made preserves in your cellar.
- You say “thank you” after getting out of the lift
- You ask your guests couple of times if they want to eat or drink something and you feel unhappy if they don’t want anything
- You comply with superstitions even though you don’t believe them
- You share all the food/drink/anything shareable with friends around you before you eat/drink/use it yourself
- You invent non-existent words while talking
Maybe some % of you is Polish?;)
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Thursday, October 11, 2012
For some misterious reason I don't like sending letters on file binder sheets, with those little holes on one edge but I've had quite a lot of those little sheets as I used to collect them in the past when I was a kid. So I decided to bind them with a band and in result I made little letter booklets. I don't know if it's any good but I just thought I'll share the idea:)
Monday, October 8, 2012
I started learning Arabic. I've been thinking about it for a long time but this year I really got obsessed with Arabic music and finally I signed up to a course. I've had two lessons so far and I'm now thinking I'm being crazy that I made this decision, haha. But I hope for the best. Wish me luck:P
Do you learn any languages?